Thanks to too many D6
- Roll D6 for hp.
- Roll 2D6 in order for STR, INT, WIS, DEX, CON, CHA.
- With INT 9+, gain a language. With CON 9+, gain 1 bonus hp. With CHA 9+, gain a retainer (classless, D6 hp).
- Choose an estate: war, worship, wizardry.
- Start with leather or chain armour and any two other items. Capacity is six.
- Combat modifier equal to HD. With STR 9+, increase c-mod for melee attacks by 1. With DEX 9+, increase c-mod for ranged attacks by 1.
- Sweep! Warriors can forgo their c-mod to make that many attacks against adjacent HD1 foes.
- Roll at least one one when making an attack to succeed at a gambit. The gambit is reversed on a roll of double-six.
- Combat modifier equal to HD/2.
- +1 on saves vs undead or aberrants.
- Sense evil within 20y.
- Favours per day equal to HD, from these options:
- CONTROL FEAR: ignore fear effects today
- BOLSTER: you and allies recover 1hp
- ENDURE: reroll a failed death save
- TURN UNDEAD: 2D6 undead creatures of equal or lesser HD to you cannot approach / attack
- Combat modifier equal to HD/3.
- Begin with 2 spells (add another from a different source with INT 9+). Find (or steal) new spells in the wild.
- HD+1 spell pulses each day. Expend a pulse to cast a spell.
- Spend 1hp to cast a spell with no pulses left.
- Spend 1hp to cast a spell higher than your level.
- Minor magic at will based on the spells in your brain (never causes / negates a roll).
- Base saving throw is 2D6 vs 10+.
- If you are prepared for a situation, save vs 8+. Preparation might include knowledge, high attributes, specialist tools.
- Save vs death is 2D6 vs 10+. You can never be prepared for death.
- Gain 10xp for each 1gp of treasure discovered — not captured / spent.
- Gain 100xp for achieving known milestones. (Milestones are not the end of a journey.)
- Gain 100xp per HD of defeated / overcome enemies.
- Fighters level up at 2000xp, clerics at 1500xp, wizards at 2500xp. Target doubles each level.
- Roll under target AC + combat mod on 2D6.
- Unarmoured AC9, leather AC7, chain AC5, plate AC3. Shields lower this value by 1.
- Weapons deal D6 damage.
- 1H weapons enable shield / torch.
- 2H weapons gives +1 on damage.
- Two weapons give +1 to c-mod.
- Once out of hp, each further instance of damage calls for save vs death.
- Recover 1hp for each day spent resting. The first day doesn’t count.
ENCOUNTER DISTANCE + SURPRISE
- Roll D6 for party and D6 for encounter. If either side beats the other by 3+, they have surprise and can ambush / evade. If neither side beats the other by that much, the dice sum is how far apart the encounter begins (*10' inside, *10yds. outside)
- Roll 2D6.
- 2–5, attack; 6–8, avoid; 9–12 assist.
- Retainers and monsters individually check morale when their leader dies or all are hurt.
- Retainers use their boss’ CHA as morale value.
- Save vs panic: reroll reaction and modify current behaviour accordingly.